Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Geesh

Finally got my long run in.  I wanted to do my 10K in prep for this weekend.  I wore hubby's GPS watch and was really pushing myself to get up to 'speed' as no matter how fast I ran, I couldn't get to my regular speed!  I thought what has happened to me I have barely started out, can't get to my usual pace and am getting really tired?! I figured out that it was still set for biking as he took it on a bike ride the other day thus instead of giving me my pace in minutes per km I was in km/hr thus the faster I ran the higher the number got (eg. 11 km/hr) rather than smaller (5.5 min/km)!  Geesh!  At least I figured it out early on and didn't burn myself out.  I cleared the watch and continued my run.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! At least you figured it out and didn't burn out!

    ReplyDelete