Monday, September 7, 2009

Not much new

Not much new today. I did my run, my knee is great (it still lets me know it is there sometimes), I finished in about the same time (actually 1 minuted faster) and I feel good. I won't be running for a couple of days. I start work tomorrow (teaching grade 1s again) and it is going to be a long day (only 2 hours of school but we have a staff meeting). The next day after work I will be heading to sign up Jaimee (my oldest) and I up for Curves. I am kind of excited. I used to go to Curves and I am looking forward to going with Jaimee, I hope she likes it and sticks with it. She is 14 and is not joining many sports anymore (she used to do gymnastics, bowling, ball and track) - only track (May and June). I am trying to keep her moving and realize fitness is part of life. Perhaps once in awhile we will sneak off to Starbucks after!

Hoping to get into a nice routine of running after work a couple days a week and then on weekends and Curves 2X a week with Jaimee.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy curves! It's always nice to have a buddy to workout with, and your daughter will be a great support. I almost have my hubby convinced that i would use the treadmill if he bought me one. ;) hehehe I'll keep ya posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your knee is feeling better!

    I've thought about joining Curves, off an on, but due to no child care and now my budget issues will be focusing on ways to get fit at home. I'm sure it will be fantastic to have a buddy to support each other and cheer each other on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great. My daughter walks with me at night. It has really got us close and she is enjoying it a lot. Have fun at Curves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have a great plan. And how fun to go with your daughter to Curves! Keep making healthy choices.

    ReplyDelete