Saturday, July 4, 2009

Can I do it?

With school being out and not a lot of big plans for the summer (just a bit of camping, painting, cleaning, organizing and of course scrapping), I want to really focus on getting fit and being more healthy. I am at the point in my life where the kids can look after themselves more and thus I can too. With the onset of my hypothyriod a couple of years back I gained a lot of weight, quite depressing until I found out why. Well I am hoping to rid myself of the baggage. Can I do it? I am going to go out on a limb and say YES I CAN. I am hoping to lose 25 - 30 pounds - by when, I'm not sure, don't want to be unrealistic but I do hope to lose 15 this summer. I'm thinking that by writing it down here it will keep me motivated to keep it up. Eat right (shouldn't be too hard, I do have a degree in Nutrition and we already eat quite well - I am just going to focus on cutting down on some things) and exercise more. Throughout the year me and a friend try to walk regularly. However, with family business some weeks we don't walk, other weeks we go 4 times a week for 45 minutes. I am hoping to get into my own routine this summer and thus try to keep it up through the year.

Where am I now? July 2nd I started my running. I don't go far or fast, or even run the whole way but it is a start. I ran yesterday too. Well today I took a break, the sore legs told me too! I am planning on a quick 20 minute run M-F and anything else that comes up. Fingers are crossed that I can carry out my plan. No fingers are not crossed, I AM going to do it. Who is with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment